What is English Language Studies? A review from A to Z about English Language Studies program
In the era of globalization and international trade integration, being fluent in foreign languages, especially English, can help you get ahead in your career. The English Language Studies program is not new, but it has never been out of date. The English Language Studies program is the best choice to increase your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad. In the article below, let’s find out about the English Language Studies program and its job opportunities.
What is English Language Studies? Is learning it as difficult as you think?
English Language Studies is an academic discipline that provides comprehensive knowledge of the English language and the use of the English language. The program also develops an understanding of the history of English and the culture and people of English-speaking countries worldwide.
In addition, the English Language Studies program also enhances students’ competencies in the use of the English language by equipping them with communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills to prepare for professional requirements upon graduation.
In the English Language Studies program, students will get to learn to improve their proficiency in four main basic skills: reading, writing and speaking.
Depending on each school’s training program, there are different specialized subjects. However, the basic curriculum of the English Language Studies program usually includes training courses in essential listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills; and specialized academic subjects such as phonology, syntax, and semantics…
In addition to in-depth basic English language skills, students will be able to develop an understanding of the history, culture, and people of English-speaking societies.
● English pedagogy: In addition to providing an understanding of the rules of English grammar and vocabulary through use and practice, students will be equipped with knowledge and skills of the methods, principles, and psychology of teaching to be able to work at high schools, colleges, and universities.
● Business English: The program will provide intensive English knowledge in economic fields such as business and commerce. Moreover, studying business English allows students to develop useful skills in an office or other business environments, such as communication, presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
● English Translation – Interpreting: The program will enrich students with their vocabulary, grammar, and understanding of English-speaking countries’ culture and literature. In addition, English Translation – Interpreting courses will provide advanced training in translation techniques, translation and interpretation skills, grammar-translation methods, and basic terms in specialized fields to constitute the source language into the target language accurately.
In the context of globalization, the ability to speak English – the language of international communication has become a bridge to the world. Therefore, proficiency in this language is necessary for all fields and professions.
After graduating from the English Language Studies program, you can become an interpreter.
● English teacher: After graduation, you can teach or do management work at secondary schools, high schools, or foreign language centers. You can also establish an English center.
● Translator-interpreter: with outstanding translation and English skills in listening-speaking-reading-writing, graduates can become translators, interpreters, editors, assistants, or teachers… at translation companies, media companies, notary offices, businesses, or working as freelancers.
● Business English: graduates can take on positions such as customer relations specialist, human resources specialist, communications specialist, sales specialist, assistant, or secretary… at domestic or international trade companies or trade groups.
● International communication: after graduation, you can work at embassies, central or local diplomatic missions, foreign representative agencies, government offices, or non-governmental organizations…
The salary ranges in the English Language Studies industry vary depending on the job. But generally, you can earn an “attractive” salary with your fluent foreign language competencies in any profession. Besides, English proficiency also gives you more competitive advantages in your job search after graduation.
The salary of fresh graduates in English Language Studies ranges from 400-700 USD/month (about 9-15 million VND). Depending on the ability, performance, and working experience, the salary can increase to 1000 USD/month or even higher.
English Language Studies is not a new major; many universities have offered this major. However, the quality of training at each school will vary.
Hoa Sen University is a prestigious private university that offers English Language Studies training programs according to the international standard program. The school attracts thousands of applicants every year.
Students of the English Language Studies training programs at Hoa Sen University will be able to learn with highly qualified and experienced Vietnamese and native English-speaking teachers.
With a team of international and highly qualified Vietnamese lecturers that had many years of studying and working abroad, English Language Studies students at Hoa Sen University can acquire diverse expertise and knowledge. The training program allows students to learn bilingual languages to improve their English skills and meet society’s requirements for human resources in the future.
The English Language Studies program at Hoa Sen University includes English Teaching; English Translation – Interpreting, Business English, and International Communication majors with outstanding advantages:
● The training program is accredited by AUN-QA standards of the Asian University Network.
● The training program has diverse majors to develop students’ English and professional English and communication skills.
● Students can study with native teachers from many different cultures and have the opportunity to interact with international students.
● The teaching staff are qualified, experienced, and dedicated lecturers with master’s or doctor’s degrees.
● Advanced and innovative strategies for modern pedagogy that can promote students’ independent and creative thinking.
● The training program enhances learning by integrating theory and practice, encouraging students to participate in practical projects and extracurricular activities.
● Diverse career opportunities and flexibility to switch careers.
● Students have the opportunity to practice and gain practical experience at large enterprises and foreign companies.
In addition, during their studies, students can participate in English competitions, seminars, webinars, and annual international events. It is truly a playground for students that offers many opportunities to hone their specialized knowledge, challenge their abilities and gain more confidence when entering the labor market.
The above article has detailed information about the English Language Studies program, the job opportunities, and the industry’s salary. We hope this helpful information helps you better understand English Language Studies and easily choose your favorite major.