♦ Regulations on academic integrity
Plagiarism is an act of theft, copyright infringement and moral and legal categories.
At Hoa Sen University, students, lecturers and staff persevere in the philosophy of promoting learning. Practical learning is learning for the self-worth of knowledge, skills, and personality; learn to understand, to do, to live; learn to discover and promote the capacity of yourself and others; learn to affirm their talents, enthusiasm, critical ability, creativity, and their colleagues, teammates and fellow-citizens in their efforts to serve the community
From the academic year 2013-2014, Hoa Sen University introduced Turnitin – This software helps lecturers check plagiarism of students.
♦ The text:
– Decision to issue the Academic Integrity Policy: See here.
– Appendix of Decision promulgating Regulations on academic integrity: See here.
♦ Procedures and regulations on using Turnitin software
– The library will create a new Turnitin account for lecturers wishing to test plagiarism (for subjects that require a project, dissertation, report …)
– The Library then organizes a Turnitin training class for new trainers
– Contact: Email Admin Turnitin: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. Ta Thuan Loi)
– Only grant accounts for the lecturers
– There must be an email from the Head of Department requesting the creation of an account for visiting lecturers.
– Lecturers only create Turnitin accounts for students according to the class list of subjects to be tested (with the student email account provided by the school)
– Instructors do not use the school Turnitin account for teaching outside the school. If detected, account will be locked and sent to Head of Unit