TOPIC 03: APPLICATION OF PHYSIOGNOMY IN RECRUITMENT
On September 17, 2020, a group of lecturers including Nguyen Thanh Van and Tu Minh Tri conducted an academic report “Applied physiognomy in personnel recruitment” at Quang Trung 2 campus with the participation of more than 12 lecturers. The purpose of this topic is to present the value of understanding and applying physiognomy to help the recruitment process be faster and more convenient with more evidence to evaluate the applicants. Based on documents including the East and the West, as well as the combination of two streams of views on the issue of physiognomy to draw general conclusions specifically on:
- The recruitment process and recruitment activities can apply physiognomy techniques such as screening CVs, preliminary interviews, and face-to-face interviews…
- Through a number of methods such as: looking at the handwriting, looking at the facial features, and the candidate’s personality expressed through the handwriting as well as the expressions on the facial features, the interviewer can identify the candidate’s personality to determine whether it is suitable for the position applied for.
The presentation is used through the results of the actual research and the participants are also given hands-on practice to see the authenticity of this application. And results:
- In terms of advantages: is a tool to identify candidates’ personality quickly and reasonably
- In terms of disadvantages: it is the conclusion of the researcher through real-life cases and references; no verified scientific theory is found.
- It is agreed by the participating lecturers to build a new course because of its value.
Finally, MSc. Nguyen Thanh Van presented that nowadays, business owners are very interested in this issue because they can prove their understanding of people, and expected that we can develop it into knowledge for students with a more scientific name.
Author: MSc. Nguyen Thanh Van & MSc. Tu Minh Tri