SOFITEL SAI GON – IT OFFICER
Job Title: IT OFFICER
Level: Band 7
Reporting to: IT Manager
Responsible for: Information Technical
To determine the IT needs of an organization and are responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfill the organization’s information systems requirements.
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of IT Department and its operations, advise in program developments for usage at both the front and back of house, coordinate and established hardware maintenance program and to established procedures in case of system interruptions.
- Ensure security of data storage and protection and training of user equipment.
- Set up, modify, and maintain the entire Hotel computer program cover:
- Point of sale
- Front Office
- Banquet & Sales Office
- To ensure that proper backup procedures have been established as to daily, monthly, quarterly and year.
- To ensure that all backup tapes are properly store.
- To test quarterly by re-storing backup tapes to ensure that those backup tapes are in good condition.
- To prevent users to have access to unauthorized Hotel data by control and assign of username and passwords to each individual and modified following each ambassador’s departure.
- To forbidden to connect a modem from any PCs to the local network and downloads.
- To ensure servers and all PCs are equipped with updated anti-virus program.
- To set up emergency procedures for any possible outrage.
- To set up an incident log book tracking all technical anomalies occurring on Hotel servers and recording all actions undertaken by the competent team.
- To review all existing maintenance contracts and recommend any necessity.
- To set up internal maintenance schedule and perform regular service to ensure that all computer equipment are in good working condition.
- To compliance with procedures issued by Accor and apply within Hotel.
- To ensure that can be contacted anytime when is needed to manage in case of major technical anomalies.
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in ambassador and industrial relations.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organizations, including tour operators and local travel agents. ∙ Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Accor.
- Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel. ∙ Reads the hotel’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required. ∙ Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ms. Thu Trinh – Human Resources Manager – Sofitel Saigon Hotel