In the light of enhancing human being’s quality of life and social skills, in 2014, Hoa Sen University (HSU) established a new counseling center located at Nguyen Van Trang Campus. Under the management of General Education Program, it is one of the first professional centers of Ho Chi Minh universities aiming on students and community’s mental health, providing a wide range of psychological services.
The University Counseling Center specifically furnishes clients with a space of listening, sharing and confidentiality. Clients not only can engage in individual counseling but also receive supports to develop their full capacities, to acquire new skills through trainings and to get new insights through mental health assessments.
WHAT DOES HOA SEN UNIVERSITY COUNSELING CENTER PROVIDE?
- We provide a space of listening, sharing and confidentiality.
- We provide support to deal with psychological problems (such as stress, depression, anxiety,…) influencing your social life, job, study or emotions.
Developing and perfecting yourself:
- We accompany you to discover your values, develop your self-awareness ability.
- We provide help to identify your goals and form living skills in order to: develop social skills and relationships, improve emotion management skills and adaptation ability to living environment.
- We support you with career and future orientation.
Mental Health Assessment:
- We provide mental health assessment services including: personality tests, working values and specialized abilities to explore and learn how to use internal potential, aiming for the thorough development.
- We provide specialized psychological tests which precisely and scientifically support assessment and treatment process.
Training, consulting and group working:
- We organize formation and educational courses for students, coaching sessions, professional trainings for staffs and lecturers in charges of student services, social workers and psychologists.
- We consult staffs, lecturers and academic advisors in order to bring comprehensive perspective of psychological factors in teaching and learning process and in students’ life and emotions.
- We organize meetings, supervisions and group counseling for students, staffs and lectures if required.
WHO ARE WE?
- We are psychologists, specialists, lecturers who are properly trained in supporting, counseling and psychological treatment. Among our staff, there are psychologists who achieved Doctorate and Master Degree in Psychology, working for years in educational environment and have great experience in psychological counseling and treatment.
- We use various approaches such as Cognitive Behavior therapy, Existential, Solution Focus and Psychodynamic therapy …, applying on separate circumstances in order to serve your benefits.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- If you are Hoa Sen students, you have unlimited access to our services.
- Other information about fees and registration, please contact Psychological Center for more details.